The Faculty 03 – Rechts- und Wirtschaftswissenschaften (Law and Economic) – is recruiting a Research Assistant (EG 13 TV-L, Part time 75%)
The contract is temporary and employment may be extended to a maximum of overall 6 years. You will be working at the Chair for Logistics Management which applies and develops Operations Research models and methods for the analysis and solution of questions arising in transportation and logistics. You will support research, teaching and academic self-administration.
- a master or PhD degree (or equivalent) in mathematics, computer science, or industrial engineering possibly in combination with studies in management and economics, or any other related quantitative field
- experience in the development of decision support tools
- profound knowledge in discrete optimization and in the development of algorithms, in particular the implementation of Operations Research methods in C, C++ or Java as well as software development in a team
- proficiency in written and spoken English
- at least basic language skills in German or the willingness to learn German
- the competence to explain complex fact in an understandable way and to work independently as well as in a team
Experience in teaching e.g. as a research assistant during studies is very welcome.
- the collaboration in fascinating projects (funded by the German Science Foundation, DFG)
- the possibility of being actively involved in the development of all teaching and research activities
- the possibility of attending international scientific workshops and conferences
- an open working atmosphere with well-equipped workplaces
Applicants are encouraged to perform a PhD dissertation.
The Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz endeavors to increase the number of women employed in academic institutions and therefore openly invites applications from female researchers.
Disabled applicants with adequate qualification will be given preferential treatment.
To apply, please email you application including CV, research interests, copies of certificates and job references, and an electronic copy of your master/PhD thesis as soon as possible but not later as February, 21st, 2016 to
Prof. Dr. Stefan Irnich
Lehrstuhl für BWL insbesondere Logistikmanagement
Johannes Gutenberg-Universität Mainz, 55099 Mainz
Job offers and additional information at: www.uni-mainz.de/personal/